Most people in the United States are familiar with residential solar as a renewable energy source – but what you might not know is that in Scottsdale, Arizona there are many companies that specialize in this area. In this blog article, we’ll look at some of the best residential solar companies in Scottsdale and how they can help you save money on your power bill.
The Best Residential Solar Companies In Scottsdale, AZ.
Looking for a reputable residential solar company in Scottsdale? Here are the top five solar companies in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Watt Masters Solar Electricians – Family owned and operated, Watt Masters was one of Scottsdale, Arizona’s FIRST solar companies! Their first home solar installation was in 1999 before most of today’s solar installers in Scottsdale, AZ even existed!! A small local family company with incredible service, flexible pricing options (including $0 down financing options), and much more flexibility, service and quality workmanship than what you will find at a huge nationwide solar provider.
- Sunrun – Nationwide solar energy company. Offers a wide range of products and services, including rooftop solar installation, interconnection, energy loans and more. However, the big downside is they are a large nationwide solar installer, and most people do not like the lack of personal service, and sending your dollars elsewhere which does not support our local economy here in Scottsdale!
- Elevation – Offers a variety of affordable solar options for homeowners and small businesses in the area. Includes an extensive selection of products and installer partners. Also, a large company, service, higher pricing and lack of personal service are often unfortunate but common attributes at this level.
- Vivint – Provides clean energy solutions for businesses and individuals. Offers a full range of renewable energy products and services, from consulting to financing to installation. Great company, but again, as a large supplier, most people prefer a local company which they are not.
- CoolBlew Solar – A leading provider of residential solar energy systems. Offers a variety of plans, including pay as you go and lease options. Provides installation services too. Local, but not family owned. Good provider overall, but if you’re looking for the best personal service and workmanship guarantee, choose a local family owned company like Watt Masters!
Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
Solar energy has become increasingly popular in recent years, as costs have decreased and the environmental benefits have become more apparent. However, not all solar companies in Phoenix are created equal and some may have better reputations than others. So what are the pros and cons of choosing a residential solar company?
The main pros of choosing a residential solar company are that they will likely be familiar with your home’s needs and can provide an accurate estimate quickly. (At Watt Masters, we always provide an up-front quote before any work begins so you will never be surprised!).
They will also be able to help you find the best system for your home, based on its size and layout. Additionally, most residential solar companies in Scottsdale offer a variety of financing options, which can make installation and ownership more affordable.
The 3 main downsides of choosing just any residential solar company are cost, performance and safety.
Sometimes people choose a less experienced company because they are charging less to get the job and earn experience. But that may end up a lot more expensive because of unforeseen obstacles they encounter which experienced installers would know how to navigate. This often leads to 2nd proposals and additional costs mid-project when it’s too late to change contractors…
Without extensive experience, they may not recommend the best system for your home. This could lead to poor performance which doesn’t save enough money, or on the flip-side, over-paying for too large of a system.
Safety is also a major concern to consider when choosing a residential solar company. There is a lot of power being generated by your solar panels which runs through wiring and several connection points before reaching your home’s electric panel. Undersized wiring, poor connections and a whole lot more could be a very serious safety issue which could lead to your house catching on fire.
DO NOT skimp on experience, and only hire a licensed solar installer!
Again, Watt Masters was one of Arizona’s first and often named the best residential solar company in Scottsdale!
Lastly, some solar companies may not have a good reputation in the community, which could lead to higher install fees or difficulty getting repairs done. It’s important to do your research before selecting a residential solar company to ensure you’re getting the best possible deal.
What You Need to Know about Installing a Solar Power System
If you’re thinking about installing a solar power system on your property, there are a few things you need to know. In this blog post, we’ll go over some of the key points you need to keep in mind when considering solar power for your home.
- First and foremost, if you’re looking to install a solar power system on your property, it’s important to make sure that you are able to pull the appropriate permits. Depending on the size and type of system you plan to install, you may need to get municipal permits or state permits. You can find more information about obtaining permits here. (That said, a licensed solar installer SHOULD take care of all permitting for you.)
- Once you have the proper permits in place, it’s time to start looking at your options for solar power systems. There are a number of different options available, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Talk to your trusted solar company about the options THEY have, and keep in mind that each company may offer different brands.
How much does a Solar System Cost?
The average cost of a residential solar system in Scottsdale, AZ ranges from $25,000 to $35,000, before rebates and incentives (shave at least 26% off in 2022, less in 2023 and beyond! Don’t wait any longer, this is THE BEST year to invest into solar in Scottsdale!!)
Pricing will vary depending on the size of the solar system and the location of the system. Another important factor to consider when calculating the cost of a solar system is the inverter. This component determines how much energy your solar panels will generate and is responsible for transforming direct current (DC) into alternating current (AC). The more powerful the inverter, the more electricity your panels will produce.
Will you be adding solar battery backup?
Although many people opt not to add battery backup, there are several reasons why it’s a great idea and a smart investment:
- Protect yourself from a power outage. If the city power goes out, your solar system switches to batteries in less than a second. This is especially important for people with sensitive 24/7 medical equipment, crypto miners that don’t want their mining to cease in an outage, or even people who work from home!
- Save more money by avoiding peak rates. Solar works great under the sun, but what about the dark hours of the night? This is often when “peak rates” happen through the utility company, too. Rather, draw power from your battery backup at night!
- Maximum total savings. Battery backup installation and equipment can be factored into federal tax rebates and discounts (26% off in 2022). Why not save that extra dough by combining it together now? It’s also A LOT more expensive to add batteries later than it is to pair them together with your solar install initially.
Is Solar Worth It?
When you are considering solar energy, the cost of your installation is only one part of the equation. The other part to consider is the long-term value of your investment.
The average solar panel system will pay itself off in 7-10 years in Arizona, but will last 30+ years. That’s a WHOLE lot of years that you’re saving money on free electricity!
What about the environment? City power traditionally comes from dangerous fossil fuels and power plants. These methods are bad for the environment, our soil, air quality and more.
Protection from rising electricity rates is a real consideration. When you combine current inflation rates with the rising costs of nearly everything these days, it’s easy to see that getting started sooner than later could save you a lot of money now, and for many years to come.
What makes these companies stand out?
1) They have a long history of providing quality solar energy systems to their clients.
2) They have a high customer satisfaction rate, which means that you’re likely to be happy with the end result of your installation.
3) They have a wide range of products and services to choose from, so you can find the perfect system for your needs.
4) They take care of all the paperwork and paperwork requirements associated with installing a solar system, so you can relax and enjoy your new energy source.
If you are looking for the best solar company in Scottsdale to install solar panels on your home or office, then you should definitely start by contacting one of the companies listed in this article. Not only will they be able to provide you with high-quality services at an affordable price, but they will also go out of their way to make sure that you are completely satisfied with their work. If you’re undecided about who to choose, take a look at the reviews left by other customers and see which company stands out as being the best fit for your needs. See Watt Masters reviews here.